Getting the Most Out of Your Networking Group
Here is my personal list of things to do at your networking group:
(1) Bring your business cards. Sound simple? Well, I regularly meet people at networking groups who have forgotten their cards or their cards are at the printers. Keep an ample supply in your car, briefcase, and pockets; you never know when you're going to meet someone important to your business.
(2) Wear a nametag. While attending a networking meeting, it is not realistic to expect to remember each person's name and the business they represent. If your nametag says what you do, it makes meeting you, and remembering you later, a lot easier. A nametag can also stimulate conversation about your business.
(3) Door Prizes. At many networking groups, there is an opportunity to give away a door prize. This type of promotion is two-fold. First; your product or service will get mentioned in a special way with lots of attentive people listening. Second; the winner will have an experience of your product or service and may tell others within the networking group. Note-the door prize does not have to be expensive. Regardless of the price, your business will still be acknowledged-thus, getting more exposure.
(4) Set a goal. After the guest speaker, there is time to network with others. You may want to make it a goal to network with a specific number of people at each meeting. While each person is introducing himself or herself, take note of who you want to talk to, so you can tell them about your business and ask about theirs. Remember, make it a two-way conversation.
(5) Respect others. If there is someone you want to talk to and they are engaged in a conversation, respect their time with the other person, and do not interrupt them. Stand off to the side where they can see you. Interrupting them may break rapport between you and them, and between them and the person to whom they are speaking.
(6) Have fun and be enthusiastic about your business.
Michael Losier, a Law of Attraction Trainer and author, supports people in understanding and practicing the Art of Deliberate Attraction, so they can have more of what they want and less of what they don't. Michael has been applying the principles of Law of Attraction for many years and enjoys a wonderful and rewarding life in the city of Victoria, BC, Canada. He facilitates a number of in-person Law of Attraction seminars as well as Teleseminars to a worldwide audience.
For more articles by Michael Losier, Teleclass information or to purchase the book, Law of Attraction, The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't, visit http://www.LawOfAttractionBook.com.
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Advertising&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Network is unreachable in /srv/disk5/sunita123/www/advertising-info.awardspace.com/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input